Early Registration 2017 Ends July 1.
Early registration may be completed either online or by standard post.
CLICK TO REGISTER EARLY ONLINE (Registration fees are non-refundable)
Click to download mail/email form (Registration fees are non-refundable)
Registration Information South Georgia Literacy Festival 2017
Vending Author and Publisher tables can be reserved according to the following schedule. Only forty (40) tables are available for out-of-town publishers at this time, so early registration is best!
- Early registration cost is $125.00 which begins January 15, 2017 and ends on July 1, 2017.
- Late registration cost is $150.00 and applies after July 1, 2017. NOTE:
- Late registration is only available for online payment and closes on July 31, 2017 (Registration costs are non-refundable).
All vendors must complete the registration form available from the main web page. The completed paper registration form should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If registering using a cashiers check or money order, it should be made out to and with the form, mailed via post, by July 31, 2017, to Snake Nation Press :
Snake Nation Press
110 West Force Street
Valdosta, GA 31601
Once the registration form has been submitted, vendors may pay via the online payment system.
- Admission for two (2) to the “Meet the Authors Reception” on Friday, September 8, 5:00 – 7:30 p.m.
- One (1) skirted table with two chairs (limit two persons per table);
- One (1) 2017 Literacy Festival bag;
- Permission to sell your books (Authors retain 100% of proceeds);
- Inclusion in the 2017 South Georgia Literacy Festival Souvenir Booklet;
- Listing on the Festival’s webpage and Facebook page;
- Local media coverage prior to and during the Festival.
Once you have registered, please send the following information.
In the subject line of your email, please phrase the subject as follows: <Your full name-SGLF-2017>, This will allow the web coordinator to keep track of your materials.
- High resolution photo of yourself and any books you wish to list-(JPEG or PNG format, at least 300 dpi. We are unable to accept other types of images),
- Brief biography (no more than 200 words, required),
- Links to your homepage and to your book page at Booksellers (optional),
- Links to Goodreads or other book reader website where your book is featured (optional),
- Links to any online reviews (optional),
- Book excerpt (preferred but optional).
This information should be emailed as an attachment to Patricia Saunders at: email@example.com. If you have any questions about image formatting or other inquiries, please email with your question prior to sending any of the requested information.
NOTE: PDF press kits are not accepted for website use. Please send any press kits to Jean Arambula (firstname.lastname@example.org) to be included in print materials.
- The Rainwater Conference Center, located at: 1 Meeting Place, Valdosta Ga 31602, will be open at 1:00 p.m. on Friday, September 8, 2017 for load in and vendor set up.
- The Conference center will open at 8:00 A.M. on September 9 to allow vendors to prepare their tables if not completed on Friday.
- Book Sales begin at 9:00 A.M. and end at 3:00 P.M. on September 9. Vendors will retain 100% of their sales proceeds.
- SGLF requests that 1 book be donated to the Festival to be given to our local literary programs and library reading programs.
- SGLF does not provide payment gateways or any banking services. Vendors are responsible for all book sales transactions. Please bring adequate change for cash transactions.
- Wi-Fi will be available at the conference center.
- A hearty fare of hors d’oeuvres and delicious desserts will be served at the “Meet the Authors Reception,” to be held Friday, September 8, from 5:00 P.M. – 7:30 P.M. in the Gazebo II at the Conference Center. The Rainwater Center will open concessions for purchase of breakfast items (coffee and pastry, chef’s choice) and lunch ( hotdogs, chips, etc.) on Saturday, 8:00 A.M. – 1:45 P.M.
- A block of ten (10) rooms has been reserved at the Hampton Inn, 2 Meeting Place, Valdosta, GA (229)241-1234.
- The price of these standard double rooms with 2 queen-sized beds is $114.00 + tax.
- The arrival date is September 8, 2017, and departure is September 11, 2017. A free hot breakfast is offered daily and free high-speed Wireless Internet access is available.
You may call or make reservations online at:
- hamptoninn.com. Other hotels close to Exit 16 or Exit 18 give you easy access to the James H. Rainwater Conference Center and the Valdosta Mall Area.